I'd been with Gig Salad for a few years.Every review on this review centric business app model were 5 STAR reviews.

My clients passed me around and business grew via word-off-mouth. It was taxing and time consuming to answer all of the requests for FREE event quotes. Mostly because people NEVER gave you enough info to give the quote in the first place. When you don't know how many people, the menu or how long the event is - it's pretty hard to realistically quote.

I received about 20% brand new business from their leads. Gig Salad received a few complaints or questions, from me, about their fees and percentages when not announcing why they were raised or took days to transfer to me. Also, the monopoly as their model is to gather service providers in one place (when they used to be able to advertise in free places and with their own web sites) and then grab the top spot on any GOOGLE SEARCH via smart phones. They did not like that accusation but it's true.

One day Gig Salad wrote me this...."Hello, After careful consideration, our team has decided that we do not feel that GigSalad is the best platform for you to continue advertising your services. We appreciate your willingness to give GigSalad a try, but will be removing your PromoKit by the close of business today. If you have any questions for me, you're welcome to contact me by e-mail at help@gigsalad.com or by phone anytime between 9:00AM and 5:00PM CST at (417) 889-9909. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!" This announcement came without warning.

I did not receive the time to retain my payment records or the incredibly important reviews I'd received in the last few years!! They used a clients word against the ACTUAL dialog communicated between us to make this decision to remove someone who complained too much. My business collapsed. I can't compete with them on a Google search via smart phones.

I am starting from scratch WITHOUT my well deserved reviews which, I asked them for. They won't give em up though I know my info and listing is still being used on the back end to count me as a client.

Dog eat Dog, I guess.Apps and gig or temp industry software is under NO obligation - it seems - to show service providers the respect they want.

Review about: Gigsalad Customer Care.

Reason of review: My business was killed. Lost reviews and that is my promo material..

I didn't like: Getting kicked off for being critical of a paying advertisor.

Had an Experience with GigSalad?

Comments