1.1
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

After scheduling our first gig through this horrible company, the customer refused to provide important details, such as confirming the location of their event & wardrobe, both of which we obviously needed to be their artist model. We contacted the customer prior to their event a MINIMUM of 5 times by text, voice mail, and email and got NO response.

At that point, we had no idea if the event was cancelled or if the customer had moved, died, or whatnot. In fact, if gig salad had looked at our last correspondence to the customer through their OWN email notification system, they would have been well aware of what was going on and that we had tried many times to contact the customer. If gig salad had done so, they would have known we had done everything in our power to move forward with our booking. After the date of the event passed and we saw our 1-star review on their site, it was easy to figure out what happened.

For whatever reason, the customer found a replacement for us, which is fine, but in order to justify getting their nonrefundable deposit back through gig salad, they chose not to reply to us so that it would look like we failed to appear at their event—but they had basically forced us not to show up. Then they gave us the poor review to justify their actions to gig salad.

It’s unfortunate that people will stoop to such a scheme for their own personal gain at the expense of others, but outrageous that gig salad was complicit in it. Beware!!!

Review about: Gigsalad Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Pay upon booking.

I didn't like: Unprofessional, Customer support.

Comments

Gainesville, Georgia, United States #1294802

What exactly did GigSalad do, it's not clear from your review. Did you ask them to remove the review and they wouldn't?

Did they return the customer's deposit, instead of letting you keep it? Is it supposed to be nonrefundable?

When I signed up and bought the PRO package they were just supposed to take my money in exchange for gig contacts. NOW they changed their rules and want to act as a go between booking agent and they purposely cut off all direct communications with the client.

I've been in this business for 23 years and I don't need or want some strangers interfering with my gig details or price negotiations. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS and worth a lawsuit.

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1274296

That's a shame and sorry to hear that. That review could hurt your future business.

You should consider GigMasters for booking. They've been around longer and their customer service blows GS out of the water.